Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Skate Party











Ok, so I found out I have an undiscovered talent - I've done drive-by, walk-by, run-by & even run backwards shootings but now I've learned I can rollar-skate & shoot my camera! I was invited to a party where I didn't really know anyone - but one person & another I'd met once. The great thing about having a camera, though, is the ability to introduce myself to people, especially because people like to ask me about my camera & to view images. It's fun!
The totally crazy thing is that I actually used to skate at this SAME place over 20 years ago - before texting & digital cameras - oh yeah & open bottles of beer! This party was for adults only and started at 11:30pm, I left at 1:45am & there were still people left. I'm a bit old for late night partying but it was a fun novelty. Do you like my shirt? That's me pretending to be a roller derby girl in a fight, wearing the grey T-shirt - it says 867-5309 (remember that song?). Some people had on some really great disco-wear!
This was an opportunity to play with the rear curtain sync function on my camera/flash. It's a technique where the flash & shutter go off at different times to cause motion blur & longer exposures.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well Marcy you are cute as ever! I love the 4th one down, it's so groovy!

Margaret said...

Thanks - I wished I was little more disco-y! That's ok, cause I was comfortable, though. It was fun seeing all the costumes which made it more fun to take pictures.